Dr. Peel
Dr. Peel, Dentist
Experience:  General dentist with 20+ years of experience.
17496805

I am wondering what options there are to correct overbites

Customer Question

I am wondering what options there are to correct overbites besides Invisalign and braces. I have a massive overbite in my right front teeth. It extends over the right side of my lower jaw. I am looking for an option that isn't obvious, besides Invisalign, if such an alternative exists.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Peel replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am Dr. Peel and I will try my best to answer your question.You say you have a 'massive' overbite so options that are not visible and extensive are not an option here sadly.You are young so you should address this now as things can get more and more difficult with age.One of the things I have particularly taken notice of lately and have studied extensively are the new methods for fast orthodontics.The newer technology for adult orthodontics is very modern, works fast and can correct overbites with less down time than before.Look up "fast braces" or 'six month smiles" and find a dentist in your area who does that and make an appointment for a look see. You might be surprised..The only other alternative, if it even applies to your case, is surgical intervention. Even that would entail some bracing after the surgery and would be quite expensive.Anything specific I can help with further?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish I could send a photo, I might be exaggerating calling the overbite "massive". 6 month smile sounds appealing. I just want it to happen as quickly as possible with the least amount of pain and nobody to notice (haha)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay a couple of more questions: how much are fast braces?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know I mentioned no Invisalign, but if I change my mind, do you consider Invisalign a good treatment for overbites?
Expert:  Dr. Peel replied 1 year ago.
I do not think invisilign deals with overbites at all. Six moth smiles does and can be achieved shortly. The cost is between $3and 4,000 .
Expert:  Dr. Peel replied 1 year ago.
hope that helps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it helps! thank you
Expert:  Dr. Peel replied 1 year ago.
Great, glad I helped!