Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I noticed 3 white bumps that are hard on my vestibule

Customer Question

I noticed 3 white bumps that are hard on my vestibule below my teeth, they are pretty hard, Ive also had jaw pain that gets worse through out the day , I've always had jaw pain I sleep with a night guard but lately it's been getting worse . The a two back molars hurt and I've noticed when I wake up and take my night guard off my teetback teeth don't align right. I recently got sick about two months ago my lymph nodes got swollen and I was online reading about oral cancer and it freaked me out. I'm pretty healthy, I don't smoke, I do drink ever so often . Can you help me
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Peel replied 1 year ago.
Hello , I am Dr. Peel. I will try my best to help you with this. Well starting with the white bumps, I will need a photo.Secondly, the night guard. When you wear one of those overnight the musculature relaxes to conform to that more open bite and so when you take it off in the AM the teeth take a little while to settle back in as the muscle returns to the norm. Wearing it will prevent grinding damage or teeth movement if post ortho .Sorry you were sick but that may not be connected at all. The white bumps could be a result of bacteria/fungus that may be a sequel but I again, would have to see them.What I can say is that nothing you have reported sounds even remotely like cancer so relax about that!Send pictures if you can.
Expert:  Dr. Peel replied 1 year ago.
I will return in a few hours to see if you have sent pictures.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I added the pictures
Expert:  Dr. Peel replied 1 year ago.
These white spots are most likely little apthous or herpes lesions. What I would recommend is that you use a warm salt water rinse three times a day (one tsp salt to 6 oz warm water....rinse and repeat till gone) These should go away after three days of using that rinse. Nothing to worry about.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been having these for quite a while, and feel hard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could they abscess