Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

Ok. I have a sore that hurts on the bottom left of my gum.

Customer Question

ok. I have a sore that hurts on the bottom left of my gum. There is a piece of tooth like structure coming out of it. My dentist said it had nothing to do with a wisdom tooth. I am 27 and have not had anything removed. The oral surgeon also didn't say
what it was and dismissed it as a canker sore. He said come back in two weeks. If the pain is still there he'll do a biopsy. My question is what is this tooth like thing protruding from the back of my gum?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.
For me to give you a better answer is it possible for you to upload a photo of that area here?
You can either attach the photo directly with your reply or use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and paste the URL of the photo in your reply.
Regards, *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is very difficult only because I can't get behind my back tooth far enough to take a picture clearly.
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry but the nature of your question is such that a photo would be required for a reasonably accurate answer.
Please get someone to take the photo for you if that's possible.
Regards, *****