Dr. Peel
Dr. Peel, Dentist
Experience:  General dentist with 20+ years of experience.
17496805

I have some pain where my wisdom teeth are could this be an

I have some pain where my wisdom teeth are could this be an infection and also some minor stomach pain. Can wisdom teeth effect your GI area?

Thanks
Robert
Hello , my name isXXXXX and I will try my best to provide you with the answer to your question.

At your age it would be rare to have these be trying to erupt but they can get infected. The symptoms would be pain, swelling and redness in the area or a boil that may be on the top or side of the tooth. This may bleed or exude pus if the infection has broken the surface.

Your stomach could be upset if you swallowed infected material (blood or pus) but otherwise you could have a problem that is unrelated.

I will advise you to make an appointment with your dentist to get professional attention (an e-ray and clinical exam). If the wisdom tooth is infected, your dentist will likely advise you to have it extracted.

While you are waiting, try rinsing with very warm and strong salt water solution. Mix 2 tsp salt in 6 oz very warm water. Swish and repeat till gone and do this three times a day foe a couple of days.
Continue the Tylenol and use a warm , moist compress on the affected area.

I hope this helps. Please ask more if I can help you further.