Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

I have a small bump on center roof of my mouth. Its slightly

I have a small bump on center roof of my mouth. Its slightly to the left of the bone. Its been there for about 2 weeks. I've read multiple posts but none seem to pin point anything. the bump is hard but not painful. Its more annoying then anything. Some days it seems to be smaller then others. I'm doing my best to ignore it but is so hard to not rub my tongue against it. I'm freaking out a bit.
Welcome .I will do my best to answer your question.I am not a great typist,be patient and feel free to ask if anything is unclear.What you are describing is most likely a small palatal tori or exostosis.These are benign growths that occurr on the hard tissue structures of the mouth and can be found anywhere on the maxilla or mandible.They are harmless and do not need to be treated unless they are interfering with denture placement.This exostosis that is annoying you has probably been there longer than you think.Most people notice them when they bump them ,disturb them by eating some type of harsh food or traumatize them in some other way.If you leave it alone the tissue will heal ,but the bump will still remain.You will eventually forget about it.Your dentist should have certainly been familiar with these.If the growth is a solid form of connective tissue and does not feel bony hard..it is possible you may have a small papilloma which is again a bengn lesion and most often left alone unless there is some sudden growth.Any oral surgeon would be able to confirm this for you,but it does not sound like anything worth worrying about.If you have further questions please ask.
Is there anything else that I can help you with?