Dr. Peel
Dr. Peel, Dentist
Experience:  General dentist with 20+ years of experience.

I have flesh colored bumps on the side of my tongue way back

Customer Question

I have flesh colored bumps on the side of my tongue way back which feel like they are rubbing against the inside of my mouth....also can see some yellow tinted area in the tissue behind the back molars if I move my tongue aside. This began a couple of months back with a feeling like I bit my tongue but it seemed to far back to be able to bite it and my lymph nodes have been tender off and on...I have been to an ENT who didnt see anything unusual.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Peel replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thanks for asking.
I Will do my best to answer your question.
First I would advise making an appointment with a qualified oral surgeon or dentist and having them look at this area. Anytime there are swollen lymph nodes and unusual oral changes it is best to have that clinically examined. It could be as simple as an infection and swollen taste buds but it could indicate something more serious. It is impossible to tell without seeing this in person and we don't want this to go unchecked.

If you have more to add you may continue to ask. If not please check accepted and I will put you on a recall so that we may follow this together and make sure you are doing well. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your response....the area has improved since all of this started but it is not completely was odd this started with my tongue burning while I was on the antibiotics and then on to a feeling like I had bit my tongue....actually just found the cluster of bumps pulling my tongue out far and to the side...but I have had the feeling something was there for some time ....they are the same color as my tongue.

Expert:  Dr. Peel replied 4 years ago.
Sometimes with a sore throat these bumps on the side of your tongue can swell also but the the total picture is questionable so I would advise a consult with a dentist in person. Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Peel replied 4 years ago.
Is there anything else I can answer? I would appreciate it if you would accept and rate my answer so that I could get paid for my response. I want to earn your confidence and high rating so please ask more if I was not clear on something.
Expert:  Dr. Peel replied 4 years ago.
Here is your follow up date. Let me know the outcome of your dental check. Thanks.