Dr. Dentique
Dr. Dentique, Dentist
Experience:  I am a general dentist with over 20 years in practice.

Hi, I have a very small painless lump under my lower jaw line;

Customer Question

Hi, I have a very small painless lump under my lower jaw line; feels like a bruise if I press on it. I had a tooth ache a couple of weeks a ago, but that pain went away within a day or two. I a worried it is a tooth abscess but am currently traveling and will not be home for another week. Is it alright for me to wait till I get back home, or should I see an emergency dentist?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Dentique replied 2 years ago.

Customer:

Customer:

I think you may have infection developing. It will be saved to see a dentist before leaving for your trip.

Customer :

I am already traveling

Customer:

The dentist can give you some antibiotic and some other advise depend on what the dentist find in the x-ray

Customer :

It's for work, and if i have to schedule an emergency appointment then meeting will have to me pushed back.

Customer:

Do you have an access to the dentist?

Customer :

I can find a dentist in the city I am currently located. But I will be back home on the 30th?

Customer:

You should be able to find a dentist wherever you are. You can ask for prescription.

Customer :

So you are suggesting I find one now? It can't wait till I am back home?

Customer:

It depend on how much infection you have. If you have a lot of fluid inside, it will swell up more and quicker.

Customer:

Yes. you should have antibiotics now.

Customer :

There is not pain, and the lump is very small. I just noticed it yesterday

Customer:

You can also take echinacea

Customer:

Several laboratory and animal studies suggest that echinacea contains active substances that enhance the activity of the immune system, relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and have hormonal, antiviral, and antioxidant effects.

Customer:

You don't need prescription to buy echinacea.

Customer:

Do you have further question?

Customer :

I don;t think I can find that at the local store, I will have to find a local dentist.

Customer:

The dentist is a better choice.

Customer :

Ok, thank-you. This is terrible news, but I will find a dentist

Customer:

Good luck.

Customer :

Thank-you

Customer:

If you have further question, feel free to ask later.

Customer:

You are welcome.

Dr. Dentique, Dentist
Experience: I am a general dentist with over 20 years in practice.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried to make an appt. with a local dentist and can't find anyone till this Monday morning. Am I going to be ok till then?
The infection need some time to develop. You will probably be o.k until Monday.