Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.

Why do my breath smell so bad like poop just a sour nasty taste

Why do my breath smell so bad like poop just a sour nasty taste no matter how many I brush n i use listerine n nothing works
Welcome to Justanswer.I will do my best to answer your question.I am not a great typist,be patient and feel free to ask if anything is unclear.The most common cause of bad breath is periodontal disease.It comes from an extended time period of not having your teeth professionally cleaned.If you have this disease,which in many cases is heriditary,it is important that you have your teeth cleaned at least three times a year.There are other causes of bad breath.Sinus infections can cause bad breath.Gastric reflux from the stomach can cause bad breath.Some chronic lung disorders can also give your breath a foul odor as well as some systemic diseases.The first place to start is your dentist if your teeth have not been cleaned in a while.Brushing and mouthwash will not remove the hard calculus on your teeth or under your gums..and that is where the bacteria are.If you have had a recent cleaning,you should contact your MD to have him first check for sinus trouble or reflux from your stomach.If you have any further questions please ask.