Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.

My front tooth is pushed forward out of line with the rest

My front tooth is pushed forward out of line with the rest I am 48years old what is the best way to fix this
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 4 years ago.
It will depend on how far out of alignment it is and what is causing it.It could be that the opposing tooth on the lower is hitting that tooth abnormaly and keeping it in a malopposed state. If it just came in malopposed..orthodontics is an option or sometimes just crowning the tooth can correct the problem by recontouring the porcelain to a more natural and aethetic contour.I would need to see it to evaluate it fully but those are some possibilities.If you have any other questions please ask ..if not click on accept answer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It has been moving out for many years I hit it with my knee when I was small pushing it forward and it continued moving until it was all the way out
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 4 years ago.
Is the tooth loose?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 4 years ago.

Do you have missing teeth in your mouth or any spaces?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No this is the only one out of line
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 4 years ago.
I would have to see it..but it seems like there is an opposing tooth that is hitting it and forcing it out of alignment..if this tooth were adjusted you may find that the movement will stop..then the tooth could either be moved back with orthodontics or crowned.