Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA

I have false teeth for 2 years now and I cant wear my bottoms

I have false teeth for 2 years now and I cant wear my bottoms I have had them relined, the teeth set back but they just don't seem to fit right and are uncomfortable I know I have to perserver but I havent warn them for so long now I dont know what to do any ideas
Category: Dental
Expert:  replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, and thank you for putting your trust in me!

If your denture prosthetic service was provided by a general dentist, it may be that the fault may lie with his technique, or that his skills are not fully up to the challenges presented by your particular case. It may also be possible that additional measures, such as bone grafting or implant placement, may more favorably impact on the outcome of your denture treatment.

It is for this reason that you should consult with a prosthetic dentist. Specialists in this dental discipline can provide service at a higher level of skill, and can offer additional approaches to difficult cases like yours that are unavailable in a general practice setting. You should arrange for a diagnostic visit with a prosthetic dentist to explore additional options for improving the retention and stability of your lower denture. You can find contact information for a prosthetic dentist near you by consulting the online directory of the American Board of Prosthodontics.

Hope this helps...