Well it started first with stomach issues like belching and some upper gastric pain i didnt have heart burn but i was belching a lot. This all begin in august 15. so since then until september 18 ive been dealing w those symptoms and then i started getting panic attacks because i would eat and then feel pain and bloated and like my tongue gets really dry and it feels swollen but im not hoarse i can still talk and breath its jst a weird feeling. The sides of my tongue are white and ripply and the back of my tongue is white and the papilae looks like furry but not too much just minimal in the middle mainly in the morning. The only medicince im on is Omeprazole 20mg qAm. also Flonase once daily. Please help me. thank you.
Globus is quite a common phenomenon and many times can be associated with anxiety and can present with digestive problems etc.
Following investigations are necessary for the work up;
1) Fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing and upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
2) Esophageal manometry (pressure study of the food pipe).
3) CT scan
4) Barium swallow
This will give you the exact cause of your symptoms. But none of your symptoms are worrying or concerning.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
1) antacids; Maalox
2) acid blocker; continue omeprazole
3) loosing weight, if overweight.
4) avoiding alcohol, citrus fruits and juices, chocolate, and tomato based products
5) avoiding large meals. Eat 5 small meals in a day.
6) wait three hours after the meal before you sleep.
7) elevate head end of the bed by 8 inches.
It is privilege assisting you.
Thank you Dr, wow you are so knowldgable and on point. Can you help me with anxiety? is it cureable I feel like this ordeal is really affecting my daily life, sometimes i dont go to work bcz i feel im going to get the panic attacks there when i feel my tongue swelling.
Also is this cureable? I mean will it go away my tongue issues like the dryness, the swelling? Why does it feel swollen like thick specially in the mornings and dry?