Jasleen Bagga
Jasleen Bagga, Dentist
Experience:  B.D.S with 4 years of experience

can i take clindamycin hcl and oxycodone together for an absessed

can i take clindamycin hcl and oxycodone together for an absessed tooth.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Jasleen Bagga replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for using ' Just Answer ' and i would be glad to assist you.

Be advised that as i do not have any luxury to examine your tooth and have a look at x rays, i would not be able to provide any legitimate 2nd opinion regarding the treatment protocol, however i would be able to provide my views on the question posted.

Yes, you could take Clindamycin HCL with Oxycodone.

Note - Clindamycin is usually given to patients who are allergic to Penicillin. I would also like to state that antibiotics could suppress the symptoms,however to a certain extent. After a certain point, even the antibiotics would be ineffective. Unnecessary popping of antibiotics is never recommended.

If you haven't consulted any dentist, i would advise you to seek an appointment for further treatment protocol.

However, if going to a dentist is not an option at this moment, i would advise you to go in for warm saline rinses few times in a day.This will promote drainage of any accumulated pus.For pain, i would rather prefer Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice daily for 3 days.

An effective way to control dental pain is to switch between 400 mgs of Ibuprofen ( 2 tab of advil ) and 1000 mgs of acetaminophen ( Tylenol ) every 4 - 6 hours.

Try rinsing frequently with hot salt water solution. You could dissolve 1/2 teaspoon of salt in 8 ounces of water as hot as would be able to tolerate without burning your mouth, and rinse for 2 - 3 minutes every 4 hours.You could also keep a dry black tea bag against the infected tooth for slight relief of pain and swelling.Be advised that DO NOT TRY TO XXXXX with sharp objects, lest they superimpose a physical injury on top of an already bad situation. Moreover, it could even result in rupturing a large blood vessel and provoking profuse bleeding.

Any Further Questions, Revert and i would be glad to Answer.

Kindly Accept the Solution,if 100% Satisfied from my response.

Bonuses would be Appreciated.