Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA

I have not been to see a dentist in over 20 years and tomorrow

I have not been to see a dentist in over 20 years and tomorrow will be my first visit to one. I have had tooth loss over the years and have developed peridontal disease and as a result, a front tooth has basically fallen out. My question is, can I get a get something temporary done immediately to cover the lost front tooth? I do realise that there is alot of treatment that needs to be done first but am hoping there is a temporary solution to my missing front tooth as it's quite embarassing.
Welcome to JustAnswer, and thank you for putting your trust in me!

I don't want to presume just how quickly your dentist can act on your request, because the amount of time required to provide you with a temporary tooth would depend on your dentist's schedule, his proximity to a dental laboratory, and the laboratory's schedule. However, it should be possible to provide you with a temporary removable "flipper" prosthetic appliance in a relatively short amount of time-- perhaps within a day or two, if your dentist's lab has its own delivery service.

Hope this helps...