Jasleen Bagga
Jasleen Bagga, Dentist
Experience:  B.D.S with 4 years of experience
17394144

My gums are disappearing very quickly. What can I myself do

Customer Question

My gums are disappearing very quickly. What can I myself do to stop/slow down/reverse this? I cannot afford to go to the dentist.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Jasleen Bagga replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for using ' Just Answer ' and i would be glad to assist you.

I am sorry to hear regarding the trouble.

I completely understand the concern, however there are many causes for gum recession. The first is periodontal disease. If your gums are infected due to lack of poor hygiene, then the gum tissue would weaken and receed over time. In this situation, you need to visit the dentist for scaling and root planing as well as local antibiotic placement. Other factors causing gingival recession could be faulty toothbrushing technique, excessive toothbrushing, tooth malposition and abnormal frenum attachment.Brushing with hard bristles may also cause gingival recession.You need to make sure that you brush in circular motion or up and down. It is beneficial for you to switch to an electric tooth brush to avoid recession. There are times when this recession would be there due to grinding or clenching your teeth at night. In this situation, you need to have a mouthguard made by your dentist to avoid recession. Last, but not the least, if you recently have braces, then gum recession is also common. In this situation, you would need to consult a periodontist for a gum graft to undo the recession.You should continue brushing twice and flossing 1x in a day. You should rinse your mouth twice daily with Listerine.Unfortunately, there is nothing much you could do to resolve this problem. .At the times, radiographic evidence is prudent to decide the treatment protocol. Many times, when the recession is attributed to rigorous or faulty brushing technique, correction of the same brings out excellent results.

I would advise you to consult your dentist ASAP for the same before the situation could worsen. If required he would refer you to periodontist for further treatment protocol.

Usually dental schools and free dental camps are considered as most cost effective options, though they might not handle complex dental situations in an efficient way. The best option for you is to find an dentist / periodontist who accepts care credit credit or all care finance.You could apply the same from :-

http://www.carecredit.com/

http://www.allcarefinance.com/

Most of the dental offices offer carecredit finance.

These are the health credit cards that allows you to make payment over 12 - 18 months with 0% interest for dental related treatments.

As i mentioned most of the dental offices does accept carecredit. Otherwise, the only other option is to call up the dental offices and check for their individual payment policies. Most of the payment policies that they have might now allow you to spread the payment beyond 3 - 4 months. So, i would rather advise you to check the above 2 links and see, if that's helps you.

Any Further Questions, Revert and i would be glad to Answer.

Kindly Accept the Solution,if 100% Satisfied from my response.

Bonuses would be Appreciated.