Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA

i have a few painless bumps in the bottom of my mouth under

i have a few painless bumps in the bottom of my mouth under my tounge, the seem to be under the skin and they are hard and move around when i put my finger on them, i have never had these before but i was wondering if anyone has an idea of what they could be?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Mark Bornfeld, DDS replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, and thank you for putting your trust in me!

The more likely issue suggested by your description is stones in your salivary gland ducts, although there is no way to know from your description whether those bumps may be something else, such as inflamed salivary glands, or some benign growth such as a papilloma.

If you are certain that the bumps have just recently emerged and have not been there all along, and if they persist for more than two weeks, you should schedule an appointment with your dentist to have them professionally assessed. Only in this way can the significance of your bumps be determined.

Hope this helps...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
should stones in my salivary glands clear up on there own? and if i have had the HPV vaccination how likely am i to actually have the papilloma virus?
Expert:  replied 5 years ago.
Small salivary duct stones can pass without the need for formal intervention; larger stones will not, and may need to be surgically removed.

Vaccines against HPV, such as Gardasil, only provide immunity against a limited number of HPV serotypes-- those most associated with cervical cancer. It has no protective effect against the large number of other strains of HPV that may cause papillomas.

Hope this helps. If my answer has been helpful, please click the "accept" button so that I may be given credit. Thank you!