Dr. Alex
Dr. Alex, Dentist
Experience:  I am a General Dentist and founder of the American School of Dental Assisting
11105469

How can I reattach a tooth that has fallen off my denture

How can I reattach a tooth that has fallen off my denture?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Alex replied 3 years ago.

DR. ALEX :

Great question, let me help you.

Customer :

ok

DR. ALEX :

hi

DR. ALEX :

You will need the dentist to do this, as he has to add acrylic to the back of the tooth to adhere it

DR. ALEX :

Do not try superglue, or it will erode the denture

DR. ALEX :

You can place a tiny bead of wax under the tooth to adhere it short-term

Customer :

Why would the teeth constantly fall out. I just received the denture back from the dentist yesterday and it has fallen out today. I am becoming aggrevated with this situation. I will try the wax. I am sure it will last longer than the dentist's work.

DR. ALEX :

It shouldn't fall out this easily

DR. ALEX :

That is odd

DR. ALEX :

It may be that there is not enough resin underneath it, or your bite may be off on this tooth and require adjustment

DR. ALEX :

In the meantime, wax will hold temporarily

Customer :

It is a brand new denture that I paid more than $1,600 for less than 6 months ago. It has been repaired 4 times. Something is very wrong with this situation.

DR. ALEX :

Sounds like it

DR. ALEX :

I suggest you bring it back to your dentist with these concerns

DR. ALEX :

If it is this new, he needs to make it right

DR. ALEX :

And not charge you

Customer :

Before I click accept, I am going to try the wax. Thank you.

DR. ALEX :

OK

DR. ALEX :

are you here?

DR. ALEX :

hello

DR. ALEX :

Are you still here?

DR. ALEX :

Other than wax, another option is to get Dentemp temporary dental cement from your local pharmacy and use this

DR. ALEX :

Please accept my answer

DR. ALEX :

Thanks

Dr. Alex, Dentist
Experience: I am a General Dentist and founder of the American School of Dental Assisting
Expert:  Dr. Alex replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.