Dr. Alex
Dr. Alex, Dentist
Experience:  I am a General Dentist and founder of the American School of Dental Assisting
11105469

I need to pull my own molar...and again..dont tell me like

Customer Question

I need to pull my own molar...and again..don't tell me like others I can't and what are the risks..etc
I simply broken to the extent I can't afford to visit a dentist at all... I have no insurance and even when I had, they have asked me for almost everything I have in my bank (~ $900) because it needs a specialist! and I am not a US citizen nor a resident (foreign student) and not covered by any of the government medical aide...I am dying every day from pain...the only options I have is to end my life or to do something about it by myself...I need your help about the second option
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Alex replied 6 years ago.

DR. ALEX :

Great question, let me help you.

DR. ALEX :

I wish I could tell you different from the others, unfortunately it is not recommended. Getting on an antibiotic will help, the tooth is probably infected and needs immediate attention. A pain medication is recommended as well, to manage pain until the infection is gone. It is very important to remove that tooth, as it could cause other health issues. They are recommending you to an oral surgeon because they doe not have the proper tools nor capabilities to take out that tooth. Thats why its highly recommended that you do not attempt to take it out your self, as you will not be able to extract the entire tooth. If its not fully removed the, the problem doesn't get solved. At this time, the best thing you can do is get on antibiotics, which will control the infection and pain, until you can afford to remove the tooth. This will buy you some time, but keep in mind it is not good to stay on antibiotics for several months, so this is a short term solution to your problem. Please accept my answer

Expert:  Dr. Alex replied 6 years ago.