Dr. Alex
Dr. Alex, Dentist
Experience:  I am a General Dentist and founder of the American School of Dental Assisting
11105469

why do my teeth hurt when i eat fruit Pain appears to be

why do my teeth hurt when i eat fruit? Pain appears to be distributed , mainly in front teeth, not from cavity, not too intense
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Alex replied 4 years ago.
Great question, let me help you. The acid in fruit is what will make your teeth sensitive, especially around the gumline of your teeth where you may have root exposure, or recession. Even very minor recession can cause this sensitivity to fruit. The best treatment is to use a desensitizing toothpaste that contains potassium nitrate, which will desensitize your roots. Examples include Sensodyne and Crest Sensitivity toothpastes. Please accept my answer if you find this helpful. Thank.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thats great ... one quick follow up ...isn't it suspect to desensitise with KNO3 ( like taking asprin for a headache ) the pain is there for a reason, my teeth are saying ... ' do'nt eat this or I'll be damaged'.....useing KNO3 will take away pain, I'll eat more fruit, and my teeth will fall out? one last thing.... concentration of KNO3? ( I live in thailand and might not be able to by sensodyne, but I've got some KNO3 and I can add a bit to my regular toothpaste)...Many thanks
Expert:  Dr. Alex replied 4 years ago.
KNO3 is not like taking aspirin for a headache. All it does it block the tubules that transmit pain into your tooth. You can still eat fruit and it won't cause any harm at all, just brush afterwards. Fruit won't hurt your teeth or roots. 5% KNO3 is what you want. Please accept my answer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
have just searched sensodyne and it has FLORIDE in it , which as we all know is a neuro toxine designed to dumb us down, nothing to do with teeth ... interesting fact :- it came out in the Nurnberg war trails that hitler flouridated the water in his slave labour camps , not for teeth but because it made the inmates more passive , the americans discovered this when they liberated the camps and invented the teeth conection so that the public would accept mass floridation... anyway , great answers ,I promise no more questions.. thanks
Expert:  Dr. Alex replied 4 years ago.
Youre welcome. If my time has been valued, please click "accept" my answer. Thank you.
Dr. Alex, Dentist
Experience: I am a General Dentist and founder of the American School of Dental Assisting