Dr. Alex
Dr. Alex, Dentist
Experience:  I am a General Dentist and founder of the American School of Dental Assisting
11105469

How can i whiten my teeth I have lost a lot of Enamel and

How can i whiten my teeth? I have lost a lot of Enamel and the Whitener Hurts when I use it. I have only 6 bottom teeth in Front, back bottoms are implants. Top Dentures. Please no Test messages I don't do Test messaging
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Alex replied 6 years ago.
Great question, let me help you. You should try using lower strength gels, like carbamide peroxide 10%. In addition to using this, get a potassium nitrate desensitizer to use immediately after whitening and you will notice significant relief. The potassium nitrate gel is KEY b/c it is used to desensitize sensitive enamel. In fact, you could use it before AND after whitening, if you want the lowest sensitivity. You need to ask your dentist about the lower strength gel and potassium nitrate gel as he can supply both to you. This is the best way to whiter teeth with minimal sensitivity. I hope this helps, please accept my answer if I've been helpful.