Dr. Alex
Dr. Alex, Dentist
Experience:  I am a General Dentist and founder of the American School of Dental Assisting
11105469

COST TO APPLY ARESTIN PER TOOH

Customer Question

COST TO APPLY ARESTIN PER TOOH
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Alex replied 4 years ago.
Great question, let me help you. You will want a deep cleaning before Arestin b/c you want a clean environment for the antibiotic to work. A deep cleaning (aka scalig and root planing) will cost an avg. of $60-80 per quadrant (1/4 of your mouth). So, if you get the upper right, upper left, lower left, and lower right all deep cleaned, it could run $280 or so. Some of this will be covered by insurance. After the cleaning, then the Arestin will be placed. This runs an avg. of $20-40 per site. If you have just one deep pocket, then this is one site. If you have several, then you will need several placements of Arestin at this cost. Again, insurance will help with the cost for this and the cleaning at around 80% coverage, depending on your insurance. I hope this helps.
Dr. Alex, Dentist
Experience: I am a General Dentist and founder of the American School of Dental Assisting
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Dr. Alex:

Thank you for your answer. If you may, I need ask you a related question:

I have no insurance and the hygienist is charging me $1,000 for the deep cleaning plus $35 per dose. It looks very expensive. Right?

In the evaluation she told me that I require about 10-15 placements (where is 5 mm, none was 6mm). However, while I make up my mind, she gave me a product to reduce the quantity of possible palcements. She sold me ProDen RX ($20) which I am using every day until I finish the bottle. Is in your opinion this the right approach?

Just for your knowledge I am located in Miami. I do not know if here everything is more expensive.

Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Dr. Alex:

Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr. Alex replied 4 years ago.
Those prices are a bit high, but it is just your location. Proden is a great first approach to decrease pockets. Ask about perioprotect too, this is great as well. Your pockets aren't too deep, so I think you will see good recovery, and fewer sites of arresting placement if you follow your hygienist recommendations.