Dr. Alex
Dr. Alex, Dentist
Experience:  I am a General Dentist and founder of the American School of Dental Assisting
11105469

I have been on Penicillin VK 500 mg for 6 days. I was having

Customer Question

I have been on Penicillin VK 500 mg for 6 days. I was having drinks with friends when I realized that I don't really know the effects of drinking alcohol with this medication. It's been about 4 hours since I took my last tablet. I am concerned. Will I become sick from drinking alcohol with these meds? What are the effects? What happens if I have a few more drinks, will this make me sick?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Alex replied 6 years ago.
Great question, let me help you. Drinking alcohol should not affect.the amoxicillin. I don't recommend.that you drink a lot more while on amox, but it will not be a problem id you drink in moderation. Be sure to finish the regiment the.dentist gave you though, this is critical in killing the infection. But to answer your Question, drinking in moderation with amox should be ok, but you may be a bit sick if that is all you had with the medicine. Take it with food from now on and keep alcohol to a minimum until finished with amox.