Dr. Cliff
Dr. Cliff, Dentist
Experience:  15 years experience private practice, Member American Orthodontist Society, Mini Implant Certified
29738074

How much should it cost to have periodontal work done on all

Customer Question

How much should it cost to have periodontal work done on all my teeth. My hygienist tells me I have some 5s and 6sLou
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Cliff replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. Did they say what type of treatment you needed? Was it a deep cleaning with anesthesia? Let me know what type of treatment they are referring to. Dr.Cliff
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Dr. Cliff,

My Hygienist is recommending that I find a periodontist and get the deep cleaninig (scale&root) with anesthesia in that office.

Lou

Expert:  Dr. Cliff replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the reply. I don't understand why she is not doing it if you have 5-6 mm pockets. I usually send out anything over 8 mm because surgery may be needed. Going to the periodontist is going to cost around $1200-$1500. Generally in general practice it will run around $800. I would suggest seeing if your dentist can do it in his office because 5-6 mm is not enough (I would say) for a referral to a periodontist. It might save you a little bit and get the same treatment. Dr. Cliff
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Dr. Cliff,

I will persue that route. Thanks,

Lou

Expert:  Dr. Cliff replied 6 years ago.
Just tell them that you prefer to have the treatment done in his office. He should not try to run you off. Dr. Cliff