Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.

Why do my teeth hurt (dull achey feeling) all of a sudden.

Why do my teeth hurt (dull achey feeling) all of a sudden. Not just sensative to cold or hot food or drink, but they seem to hurt/ache all the time lately. Almost feels like they are all going to fall out. Is it a sign that something is wrong in my body ? could a new anti depressant medicine (zoloft and abilify) be the cause? please help

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

Dull pain in all teeth is a common symptom if you suffer from bruxism (grinding of teeth).

Another cause of dull pain is periodontal (gum disease) disease.

In my opinion, the anti depressant medication is not responsible for this pain.

For now, if the pain becomes unbearable, switch between taking 400 milligrams of ibuprofen (e.g., 2 tablets of Advil), and 1000 milligrams of acetaminophen (e.g., 2 tablets of extra-strength Tylenol) every 3 hours. Be careful not to use these medications if you have had previous adverse reactions to either, or if you have had gastritis or peptic ulcer disease in the past, or if you have liver disease. If this does not help, call your dentists telephone number today. There should be emergency instructions on how to get a hold of him. Ask that he call you in some prescription pain medication.

See a dentist ASAP. X rays of your teeth will reveal the cause.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

I wish you a speedy recovery !!!

Dr. Behere.

If my answer has helped you, please click on the *ACCEPT* button and give me *POSITIVE FEEDBACK*.

A * BONUS* will be highly appreciated. This tells me that my advice was indeed beneficial.