Jasleen Bagga
Jasleen Bagga, Dentist
Experience:  B.D.S with 4 years of experience

I am a smoker whats the best toothpaste to use to get your

I am a smoker whats the best toothpaste to use to get your teeth white again, theres loads out there but what should i belive

Thanks for using ' Just Answer ' and i would be glad to assist you.

Regarding Natural Whitening Tips, kindly read the below points :-

1. Coffee and Tea are notorious for causing Teeth Staining. Aerated drinks and wine could also cause the same staining.So, avoid all these.

2. Brush and Floss your teeth twice daily.

3. Avoid smoking and chewing Tobacco.

4. Avoid Toothpaste with fluoride content as it has been reported that it could cause stain to your teeth.

5. Avoid excessive use of Mouth Rinses such as Chlorhexidine as it could stain your teeth.

6. Drink a lot of water.Rinse your mouth after every meal or food that you take.

There are different natural methods which are in limelight from time to time. I have no idea regarding their success but worth trying :-

Alteration in color of the Tooth may be Physiological or Pathological, Endogenous or Exogenous.For Example - With Age, the Outer Covering of the Tooth i.e Enamel becomes Thinner because of Abrasion and Erosion.On the Other Hand, the Inner Layer of the Tooth ( Dentin ) becomes thicker because of Deposition of Secondary Dentin.Teeth of an Older Individual are usually more Yellow than those of Younger Individuals.

Extrinsic Discoloration is Found on the Outer Surface of the Tooth.It is Local in Origin and can be Due to Tobacco Stains etc which can be removed by Simple Professional Scaling.

There are many Commercial Tooth Whitening Kits that are available in the Market.

Regarding the Products , it depends on How much you want to Spend. The Cheap Products could be :-

1. Crest Whitestrips Premium

2. Listerine Whitening Quick Dissolving Strips

If you want to Spend More Bucks :-

Note - Your Day to Day Habits plays an Important role in Success of Whitening of Your Teeth. For Example - Avoiding Tea, Coffee, Aerated Drinks etc.The Success of this Kit may vary from Person to Person.It is always advisable to quit smoking.

Top 5 teeth whitening toothpaste i usually prefer are :-

1. Colgate total toothpaste :-

2. Crest 3 D white advanced toothpaste :-

3. AP 24 whitening fluoride toothpaste :-

4. Gosmile am and pm duo :-

5. Supersmile whitening toothpaste :-

The result of all these toothpaste may vary from one person to another.

Any Further Questions, Revert and i would be glad to Answer.

Kindly Accept the Solution,if 100% Satisfied from my response.

Bonuses would be Appreciated.

Edited by Jasleen Bagga on 7/11/2010 at 10:11 AM EST