Jasleen Bagga
Jasleen Bagga, Dentist
Experience:  B.D.S with 4 years of experience

My lower front gums ache. My teeth dont hurt, just the gums.

My lower front gums ache. My teeth don't hurt, just the gums. It just started a few days ago. It gets worse as the day goes on. At no time is it unbearable, but it is harder to ignore later in the day.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Jasleen Bagga replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for using ' Just Answer ' and i would be glad to assist you.

Your problem could be related any gingival disease ( related to gums ) or Periodontal disease ( related to supporting structure of the tooth ).There are many reasons for the pain in the gums, however the most common are acute inflammation of the gums and the pocket formation ( Periodontal Disease ) which often leads to sensation of pressure specially after eating, bleeding of the gums etc. This is Only provisional Diagnosis. Apart from this, it could be the Prodromal sign of Periodontal Abscess.

For the time being, you could go in Antimicrobial Mouth Rinse such as Chlorhexidine ( 0.12 % or 0.20 % ). Apply Topical Oral Metronidazole Gel thrice daily for 3 - 5 days for a period of 15-20 minutes.Keep optimum oral hygiene i,e brushing twice daily and flossing. Avoid Smoking for few days.

If the problem still persists after 3-5 Days, then i would suggest you to Fix an appointment with a Dentist for Proper Oral Examination and further Diagnosis.

Any Further Questions, Revert and i would be glad to Answer.

Kindly Accept the Solution,if 100% Satisfied from my response.

Bonuses would be Appreciated.