Jasleen Bagga
Jasleen Bagga, Dentist
Experience:  B.D.S with 4 years of experience
17394144

Swollen upper gum inside by roof of the mouth. Getting larger

Swollen upper gum inside by roof of the mouth. Getting larger and painful to the touch. Went to the dentist a week and a half ago and told me in was nothing urgent. What could this be?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Jasleen Bagga replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for using ' Just Answer ' and i would be glad to assist you.

* Is the swelling located on gums on inner bony portion of the mouth or gums just above the tooth?

Let me know, so that i could Help You.

Thanks!!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is mainly on the gums but is starting to swell to the roof of the mouth.

Thanks for your response!!

* I Understood, However is it Located above the tooth or on the inner side of the teeth on palate?

Let me know,so that i could Help You.

Thanks!!

Thanks for your response!!

Let me know,so that i could Help You.

Thanks!!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Above the tooth on the inner side and and almost swollen up to the pallet.

Thanks for your response!!

If it is above the tooth, it seems to be a Case of an Abscess ( Periapical or Periodontal ) which seeks an immediate attention.In Case of a Periapical abscess, there is an involvement of a Carious Tooth ( Localized Collection of the Pus ) and treatment is RCT ( Root Canal Treatment ). In Case of Periodontal Abscess, Supporting Structure of the Tooth are involved, Pocket is Formed. Removal of this Pocket is the Treatment.However, in case the infection has spread to the tooth, RCT ( Root Canal Therapy ) is the only treatment.No Antibiotic would help in treating it as the treatment of the offending tooth is the only solution.I would suggest you to Visit your Dentist at the earliest.

Any Further Questions, Revert and i would be glad to Answer.

Bonuses would be Appreciated.

Jasleen Bagga, Dentist
Experience: B.D.S with 4 years of experience

Thanks for the Accept!!

One more thing i would like to mention, in case the Swelling is on the inner side on the Palate, it could be an Ulcer.Application of Bonjela Gel thrice daily for 3 days is usually sufficient.

Bonuses would be Appreciated.