Jasleen Bagga
Jasleen Bagga, Dentist
Experience:  B.D.S with 4 years of experience

I have facial swelling on one side upper cheek, lower cheek

I have facial swelling on one side: upper cheek, lower cheek and below the eye. However, I have no tooth pain and my gums are not sore.

I have had problems in the past with blocked tear ducts, however, this one swelled more than usual and the swelling/pain did not start in the corner of my eye but my upper cheek instead.

The whole right side of my face is swollen from below my eye to my jaw bone. It is sore but not painful. I do feel a lot of pressure. Again, no tooth pain or sore gums. Also having no other symptoms (no fever, no dizziness, etc).

What is a possible cause?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Jasleen Bagga replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for using ' Just Answer ' and i would be glad to assist you.

There could be many reasons for the same. Unfortunately, No Precised Diagnosis could be made without Oral Examination and Proper Case History.

This type of Symptoms are usually seen in Patients where there is simultaneously eruption of Upper and Lower 3rd Molars. Also, there are incidents where there is no Toothache but Swelling of the face is due to Abscess with Sinus Tract.I would suggest you to visit your Dentist for the Earliest for the same.

For the time being, you could go in for Amoxicillin 500 mg twice daily for 3 days.However, if there is any mild pain you could go in for Ibuprofen 200 - 400 mg ,whenever required.Also, you could take serratiopeptidase 10 ml twice daily for 3 days.

Any Further Questions, Revert and i would be glad to Answer.

Kindly Accept the Solution,if 100% Satisfied from my response.

Bonuses would be Appreciated.