Dr. Cliff
Dr. Cliff, Dentist
Experience:  15 years experience private practice, Member American Orthodontist Society, Mini Implant Certified
29738074

I HAD AN XRAY DONE AT THE DENTISTS OFFICE...A BLACK SHADOW

I HAD AN XRAY DONE AT THE DENTIST'S OFFICE...A BLACK SHADOW OR CIRCLE SHOWED UP ON MY LEFT SIDE OF MY LOWER GUMS... WHAT CAN IT BE? THANKS...
Hello and Thanks for using JustAnswer. I can help you with your question. There are many things this could be. I would say 90% of the time, the black spot is a abscess. An abscess will show up as a black spot on the xray. This would then be a source of infection. An abscess is associated with the tooth root and may or may not hurt. There may or may not be swelling present. Usually the abscess is at the root of the tooth. If the black spot is not associated with a tooth, then more diagnostic procedures need to be done to find out exactly what is going on. In this case, it could be just a nerve canal or worse case could be a form of cancer. There are too many dark spots to try and give you an exact answer. I would be glad to look at an xray if you can forward it to me.. Without looking at the spot, it is very hard for to guess exactly what this is. Best of Luck! Dr. Cliff
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
WHERE DO I SEND YOU THE XRAY??? THANKSSmile

Thanks for the reply..you can attach it using the tree button on the tool bar. If you get a paper copy, take a picture of it with your camera and send it through JustAnswer. If they give you an xray..you can put it in front of a white light and do the same thing. Try that. Dr. Cliff

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I TOOK 2 PICTURE BUT HOW DO I SEND THEM WITH MY PHONE CAMERA??? THANKS...

Unfortunately I can't give you my personal information over JustAnswer or I would let you send it directly to me. You may be able to send it to your email. Then in your email save the photo to your computer. Then come back to JustAnswer.com and attach the file to a reponse to me. If that doesn't work, it may be better to take it with a digital camera. Then you could download it staight to JustAnswer. Give it a shot and see what happens. Dr. Cliff
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I SENT YOU THE XRAY PICS BUT I RECEIVED AN EMAIL SAYING YOU DO NOT ACCEPT EMAIL...
I am sorry, I will have to check with moderators of JustAnswer.com to figure this one out. I Will follow up with you....Thanks for your patience...Dr. Cliff
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK THANKS...HAVE A GOOD NIGHT...Smile
I will follow up with you when I find out ....Good Night also...
You should be able to click on the tree in the tool box. This brings up a Upload file box. Click on Browse to find your file. Once found click on file, then OK. This will bring you back to first box. Click on Insert...This should post the picture in your message to me. If you try this and it doesn't work again. Let me know....Dr. Cliff
If you have tried sending the picture and it has not worked, try going to www.mediafire.com and upload the picture to this site. Then hit the share button. Write down the link or copy it and then paste it in a reply to me. I would then be able to see it through mediafire.com. Dr. Cliff
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
HI I WENT TO SEE A MAXILLOFACIAL SURG. AND HE SAID IT LOOKS LIKE RADIO LUCENCY WHATEVER THAT MEANS LOL BUT HE SAID HE THINKS MY TEETH MOVED AND MIGHT HAVE CAUSED THAT...THANKS FOR HELPING...
Thanks for the follow up. A radiolucency is basically a term for a black spot on a radiograph. Glad you were able to get someone to look at it and it was nothing serious. Best of Luck! Dr. Cliff