Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.

everytime i wear my dentures i get bumps on my gums and my

everytime i wear my dentures i get bumps on my gums and my lips get a tingely and i break out in hives. i quit wearing them for 2 weeks and no problem put them back in and within the hour my mouth gets very dry and tingely and by body starts itching
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

It is likely that you are allergic to methyl methacrylate, the acrylic material that the denture is made up of.

This is a very uncommon allergy. You need to stop wearing those dentures. return to the dentist/Prosthodontist who made them.

You will most likely need a new set of dentures with a different base material.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

I wish you a speedy recovery !!!

Dr. Behere.

If my answer has helped you, please click on the *ACCEPT* button and give me *POSITIVE FEEDBACK*.

A * BONUS* will be highly appreciated. This tells me that my advice was indeed beneficial.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you finally someone who listened. Thank you so much!!!!!! I tried to tell my dentist that the dentures were causing the problem but they said it was impossible!!!!!