Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

Teeth are turning grey

Teeth are turning grey
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

Teeth turn grey mainly due to two reasons:

1. If there has been some sort of trauma to them, (even though the trauma may have occurred years ago) the pulp of the tooth slowly dies. Bacteria release substances that slowly make teeth turn grey.

A positive history for trauma and a X ray confirms this diagnosis. That tooth then needs a root canal followed by a crown.

2. The second common cause for grey teeth if administration of an antibiotic, tetracyclin to the patients pregnant mother, or to the patient when he is less than 6 years of age.

I suggest you visit a dentist for a proper physical and X rays.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

Good Luck!!!

Regards,
Dr. Behere.

If my answer has helped you, please click on the *ACCEPT* button and give me *POSITIVE FEEDBACK*.

A * BONUS* will be highly appreciated. This tells me that my advice was indeed beneficial.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

all the teeth are getting grey, no history of trama

Thanks for responding with the additional information.

If all teeth are turning gray then the cause is not likely to be trauma.

It is possible that the enamel of your teeth is defective (hypoplastic), causing the teeth to stain faster then normal teeth.

Regardless of the cause, my advice remains the same.I suggest you visit a dentist for a proper physical and X rays.

You may need root canals followed by bleaching of teeth or veneers/crowns.

Good Luck!!!

Regards,
Dr. Behere.