Dr. Girish
Dr. Girish, Dentist
Experience:  19 years of clinical experience in all phases of Dentistry.

i have a lump on my gum above the tooth my teeth a lose there

i have a lump on my gum above the tooth my teeth a lose there is soreness near my nose im taken meds for it when does the swelling go down iv started taken the meds tuesday is there anyway to drow out this infection my sister said tea bags will let me know
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Girish replied 7 years ago.
thanks for posting your question on Just Answer

unfortunately tea bags will not help

you will need to visit a dentist, this condition is a not a one of those conditions where a home remedy will work.

the most common cause of a swelling above a tooth is an abscess.

an abcess is a collection of pus and infection

you will need an x ray and and then either root canal treatment or an extraction based on the severity of the problem.

best wishes please start your antibiotics and visit the dentist

Dr Girish

please feel free to ask a follow up question

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have been to the dendist they are giving me antibiotics i have hd 5 teeth pulled last year i told them to pull them all out on the top iv had this 4 times now my dad family had them now this year again but in another tooth do u think i should get the tops out sence i had it for times abscess im fifty years now it keeps coming back

Hello again
either you can have them the tooth pulled or you can save it using root canal treatment.

some treatment has to be done based based on the cost and benefit ratio you can either save the tooth or extract it.

you cannot leave it alone as it is with the abscess, you may land up with severe infection

Best wishes

Dr Girish