Dr. Girish
Dr. Girish, Dentist
Experience:  19 years of clinical experience in all phases of Dentistry.
16885978

My teeth are falling out and breaking off easily and I do not

Customer Question

My teeth are falling out and breaking off easily and I do not know what is going on. My dentist has done tests and says that nothing is showing up. I am tired of the pain that I am going through and I want it to go away. I am not a drug addict and I have never done drugs, I brush my teeth 3 times a day and I use mouthwash after brushing my teeth and after evey meal. I would like to have some indication as to what is going on. If there is anything that I can do on my own to make it better then I would love to do that. My dentist just wants to go and pull all my teeth and either give me dentures or partials, I would rather find a natural way to take care of this myself rather then have to have dentures or partials.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Girish replied 4 years ago.
hi,
thanks for posting your question on Just Answer

I would advise you to never extract all your teeth unless you have take atleast 3 opinions

As far as your teeth breaking there is a possibility you have enamel hypoplasia or some calcification problem in your teeth. and hence they break.

taking calcium supplments now is really not going to help your teeth specifically although it may help your general health.

you need to use a power tooth brush

www.sonicare.com

sonic care flex care is one the top of the line tooth brushes

Clean your tongue thoroghly with a tongue cleaner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue_cleaner

60-70 percent of the bacteria live on the tongue and cleaning the tongue a few times a day will improve hygiene.

unforutnately you cannot take care of it your self the natural way, \
I do not suggest you to try home remedies or self medication

I suggest you get a second opinion from another dentist
and x rays will tell the dentist if there are calcification problems in your teeth.

but Unless Medically extremely necessary because of infections and root problems you should not extract your teeth

please feel free to ask a follow up question
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a heart problem and they said that it is medically necessary, but I am worried about the pain that I will go through and I do not know if I can go through that again. But the bad teeth have to be pulled? How can I tell if there are infections in my teeth?
X rays will show infections in your teeth, but they can be treated with root canal treatment

the bad teeth have not got bad all of a sudden, they have got bad over a period of time,.(did you not visit the dentist for many years )

did you have too much of soda pop as a teenager ?

I think you need to get a comprehensive plan, where the teeth that are absolutely bad and broken should be removed first,

the teeth that can be saved, you should start working on saving them .

It is better to have a partial denture rather than a complete denture

best wishes

Dr Girish

I hope I have answered your question do you have any more doubts please feel free to contact me
Dr girish