Dr. Girish
Dr. Girish, Dentist
Experience:  19 years of clinical experience in all phases of Dentistry.
16885978

I have noticed a flap of skin inside my cheek . Family doctor

I have noticed a flap of skin inside my cheek . Family doctor sait it looked like Cancor sore infected. i have had cancor sores befor but none never grew out like a fap of skin. can a cancor sore do this if it is infected?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Girish replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

.

-What (have you) / (has the person you are asking about) already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

hi could tell me where the flap of skin is located ?

can you attach a picture ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no . have no camera around. torward back of cheek so is kinda hard to see
hi,

flaps of skin, more towards the back of the cheek are often caused by cheek bite.
It could also be caused by the cusps of the molar teeth constantly rubbing your cheek.

My suggestion to you is that is not related to a canker sore, You need to see a dentist.

so that

1)If the flap of skin has to be removed he can remove it
2)if corrective action needs to be taken regards XXXXX XXXXX teeth your teeth may need to be rounded off or any other treatment to correct you from biting the cheek may have to be done

Best wishes

please feel free to ask a follow up question if you need more info

Dr Girish
Dr. Girish, Dentist
Experience: 19 years of clinical experience in all phases of Dentistry.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your help i will see a denist soon.