Julian Chen
Julian Chen, Dentist
Experience:  Practicing General Dentist since 2002

My bridge is loose and I am on vacation what can I buy to secure

My bridge is loose and I am on vacation what can I buy to secure it until i get home
Category: Dental
Expert:  Julian Chen replied 7 years ago.

I'm assuming you're here in the States. If so, then you can go to the local pharmacy (hopefully there might be a 24hr pharmacy) and look for a product called "DenTemp" or "Temparin". The product ranges from $5-$10. Follow the instructions carefully and lute the bridge and place it back in position as best as you can. This is only possible if your bridge is loose enough to be removed by hand. If not, the best thing would be to leave well enough alone and/or use the DenTemp when it finally comes loose.

However, the level of success achieved with DenTemp would depend on how much tooth structure is left for the bridge to hold on to. If you've somehow managed to snap off the underlying tooth structure down to the gum line, there is nothing that you (nor your dentist) can do to recement the bridge.