Dr. Girish
Dr. Girish, Dentist
Experience:  19 years of clinical experience in all phases of Dentistry.
16885978

IHAVE A BLISTER ON MY GUM RIGHT BY A TOOTH AND RIGHT ACCROSS

IHAVE A BLISTER ON MY GUM RIGHT BY A TOOTH AND RIGHT ACCROSS FROM IT ON MY LIP GUM. ONE BUSTED. THEY ARE NOT SMALL AND HAVE A WATER LIKE SUBSTANCE IN THEM WHAT IS IT?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Girish replied 5 years ago.
thanks for posting your question on just Asnwer.

the most common cause of the blister is a chronic dental abscess.
Chronic abscesses are not painful,
the water like substance could be puss

the most common cause of a problem like this a blow to the face, a long time time ago
http://www.softdental.com/diseases/periapical_and_dentoaveolar_abscesses.html
you will need to get an x ray and treatment soon

please look at the picture which says parulis onthe link

hope this helps

Dr Girish
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it's not a abscess. i know what they are and how they look. you can't get an abscess on your gum that is not attached to a tooth.like i said they are good size and its a clear substance. my teeth don't hurt or anything.

The other options that could be found on the gum are most commonly herpes blisters if they are on the gum , apthous ulcers if they are on the cheek lip

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THEY ARE ON BOTH AND THEY TOUCH EACH OTHER.
can u attach a picture ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO I'M AT WORK. SAY YOU PULL YOUR LIP OUT AND THERES THE GUM AND THE INSIDE OF YOUR LIP BY YOUR GUMS. THATS WHERE THEY ARE ONE BELOW THE TOOTH AND THE OTHER RIGHT ACROSS FROM IT. ON OF THEM BUSTED.
I can wait till evening for the pictures, I want to give you a good answer
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'M GOING TO MY PHISICIAN WHEN I LEAVE WORK. DO YOU THINK IT COULD BE FROM EATING HOT FOOD AND IT COULD HAVE BURNED MY GUMS? THATS WHAT THE BLISTERS LOOK LIKE.
It is possible to have blisters on the palate,(roof of the mouth) usually from hot food
I have not seen them frequently at the location you are mentioning ., unless you got some pizza or hot cheese stuck there

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK I'LL CONTACT YOU WHEN I GET HOME. I GET A PIC BUT LIKE I SAID I ONLY HAVE ONE NOW CUASE THE OTHER BUSTED ALREADY. I'M JUST WONDERING IF THIS IS SOMETHING SERIOUS THAT I SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT AND SEEK ATTENTION RIGHT AWAY?
I think you should make a dental appointment to get an x ray of that region
Nothing to be scared off
and you can send me the pictures later I will try and help you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
here are some pics. graphic
the picture definitely looks like apthous stomatitis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphthous

after the picture you sent me Here is what i think it is

You should use this www.orajel.com

the 20 percent benzocaine will give you relief.

best wishes

Dr Girish
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my doctor prescribed me some medicine with steroids in it. its some type of dental paste. so this isn't anything to be to worried about. i also dip.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You did not tell me you dip,
I suggest you stop that immediately, and get a biopsy of this ASAP
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
YEAH BUT NOONE SEEMS TO UNDERSTAND THAT IT STARTED OUT AS BLISTERS AND NOT SORE. THE PIC YOU SEEN IS AFTER THEY POPPED. THEY WERE BIG BLISTERS LIKE BURN BLISTERS.
Yeah,
I understand, but the tobacco changes the whole equation
its for your own good just go to an Oral surgeon and get a thorough check up

an stop your DIP ASAP

Best wishes

Dr Girish
Dr. Girish, Dentist
Experience: 19 years of clinical experience in all phases of Dentistry.