HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
The type lesion you are describing is usually some kind of contact allergy, that is a reaction to an ingredient in something you put in your mouth. Medicated toothpastes and mouthwashes many times can cause these allergies, which manifest as a peeling away of the outermost layer of tissue, leaving a surface that is rough to the touch. These will heal in a few days and are nothing to worry about, but you should try to determine what it was that caused it and refrain from using that product or food again.
Again, this is usually what these things are but there is no way to know for sure unless the area is looked at by a dentist. If there is any doubt, a biopsy can be taken to determine exactly what this is and the proper treatment can be administered.
. I hope you find this information helpful. If you have any concerns regarding this issue that I have not addressed, please let me know and I will get back to you with more information.
George McKee DDS
Well, if it's what I said it was, an allergic reaction, then it should clear up in a few more days. I doubt it is a cancer if it isn't. It's practically impossible to diagnose these things through the internet. I can only tell you what statistically it most likely is or isn't. You should have your dentist look at it.
The most common foods that cause allergic reactions are walnuts and strawberries. Specialized toothpastes that claim to brighten teeth or rebuild enamel have extra ingredients that can cause these things. In addition you can become allergic, over time and repeated exposure to something that you use every day. So this might be a reaction to something that you never were to before. I hope this helps.