Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I had a bone replacement graft surgery on my LR sideof the

I had a bone replacement graft surgery on my LR sideof the outh and after I had the stiches removed I fell the gum arount my thooth numb and it is actualy peeling of my tooth. It has been more than two weeks since the surgery. i do not think this is normal. i am going to the periodontist todat but I am afraid of him damading my case even more.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

Yes if the gums are "peeling off", as you say, then it definitely not normal. Two weeks is quite early to assess the failure/success of a bone graft surgery.

You are doing the right thing in returning to your periodontist. but do not be hesitant, since you have paid for the surgery, it is your right to receive full follow-up care. Let him have a look and ask him for the best course of action now.

If you still feel uncomfortable, you can always get a second opinion.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

I wish you a speedy recovery !!!

Regards,
Dr. Behere.

If my answer has helped you, please click on the *ACCEPT* button and give me *POSITIVE FEEDBACK*.

A * BONUS* will be highly appreciated. This tells me that my advice was indeed beneficial.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I know that it is to early to say if the bone graft will be successful, but at least should't the outside (gums) be normal and feel normal after the stiches are being removed? I am afraid if he will take an action right away and cut it off or put more stiches before I go for a second oppinion. I do not understand why does this are feel numb?

Thanks for responding.

Yes, the outside of the gums should feel almost normal by now. The numbness could be due to some nerve damage during the graft surgery, but you need to be properly examined to come to that conclusion.

From your statements it is apparent that your trust in your periodontist is shaken. Perhaps it will be better to take a second opinion right away.

I wish you a speedy recovery !!!

Regards,
Dr. Behere.