Dr Rao
Dr Rao, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  General Dentist , Private practice since past 6 years.........

I have the worst toothache I have ever had. I cant eat, cant

I have the worst toothache I have ever had. I can't eat, can't sleep, and am literally in tears the pain is so incredibly bad. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to go to the dentist, so is there any way to ease the pain before I completely lose my mind?

Welcome to just answer.

I am sorry to hear about your pain and discomfort.

A very effective way to control dental pain using the over the counter medications is to switch between taking 400 milligrams of Ibuprofen (2 tablets of Advil) and 1000 milligrams of acetaminophen (Tylenol) every 4 hours,if you are not allergic to these drugs.

You can also apply Toothache drops onto the cavity in the tooth,using a small cotton pellet.These drops are easily available at the pharmacy.

Application of Ice packs would give you temporary pain relief.

Warm salt water mouthwash would be helpful.

All the above stated methods are not a permanent solution for your problems.You need to visit a dentist to get the problems solved .

Call your local dental society and see if there are any programs, charitable organizations or foundations operating in your area that will do your work for a discounted fee. You can find the details of your local dental society by clicking here:

You can also find out about Dental university providing dental care,near your location.
Treatment cost is much less compared to private hospitals.

Please let me know if you need anything...........

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you!
Thank you for the accept,

here is the link for the dental university of Florida,

You can see if you can get treated here,

You donot have to reply to this answer,if you donot need to

Thank you,