Dr.Hans
Dr.Hans, Masters of Dental Surgery
Experience:  11 years of clinical experience in diagnosing and treating problems in oral and dental health.

I swallowed my three unit Bridge about 48 hrs ago. how long

I swallowed my three unit Bridge about 48 hrs ago. how long should it take to pass or am I going to have problems?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr.Hans replied 5 years ago.

Hello and Welcome to just answer.

In almost all incidences your bridge would pass through in stools without any problem or complications and it will not affect your stomach and intestinal tract in anyway.

Though it may take sometimes 2 days or more (a week) for it to pass

Follow these instructions:

1) Don’t induce vomiting.

2) Drink lot of liquids, until the object has passed your stools.

3) Eating fibrous diet is also recommended.

4) Watch your stools to see if the object has passed, don’t use laxative unless told by the doctor.

Drinking plenty of fluids and water with fibers is supposed to help in easy passage.

Also observe for any pain in abdomen. That will suggest a physician visit and may be an x-ray of the abdomen.

I hope this answers all your questions. Feel free to contact me again if you have doubts and we can discuss it in detail.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed.

Take care!! I wish you well!

Happy New Year

Thanks

Dr.Hans, Masters of Dental Surgery
Experience: 11 years of clinical experience in diagnosing and treating problems in oral and dental health.