Dr. Alex
Dr. Alex, Dentist
Experience:  I am a General Dentist and founder of the American School of Dental Assisting
11105469
Dental

my gold tooth fill out today what type dental cement can I

use lock it back it... Show More
use lock it back it place for another 12 years
Category: Dental
replied 7 years ago.
If your gold crown fell off your tooth, you need to go to Walgreens, Rite Aid, or any drug store and pick up Recapit. This is a dental cement that is over the counter which you can use. Be sure the tooth is oriented correctly before you put it on your tooth so you don't accidentally cement it backwards. This is a temporary cement which should last you a few weeks, but it is not guaranteed to work long term. You cannot purchase permanent cement over the counter, you must visit your dentist to have it cemented permanently so it will stay on for another 12 years.

Here is a link to the Recapit cement so you know what to look for.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?id=prod849507&CATID=100210&skuid=sku849493&V=G&ec=frgl_617431&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=sku849493

If this helps, please ACCEPT my answer.
BONUSES are never expected, but always appreciated.

Thank you.
Customer reply replied 7 years ago.

will my tooth be loose - will cement hold good so I can eat - my front tooth

Dr. Alex, Dentist replied 7 years ago.
Your tooth will not be loose, the cement will keep it secure enough for you to eat on it just fine for a few weeks. You still should consider seeing a dentist at some point for the permanent cement.