Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

MY 7 MONTH OLD INFANT HAS GRAY LINE ON HIS BABY TEETH...WH

MY 7 MONTH OLD INFANT HAS GRAY LINE ON HIS BABY TEETH...WHY
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

Before I can finish answering your question, could you please tell me :

- Have you recieved antibiotics during your pregnancy ? If yes, which ones ?

- Has your baby recieved antibiotics ? If yes, which ones ?

- Didi you suffer from an illnes during your pregnancy ?

Regards,
Dr. Behere.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It's my 7 month old grandson he has gray lines on his bottom 2 teeth and lines on his top tooth, my daughter in law breast fed the baby, to the best of my knowledge the baby recently had another series of baby shots. Also the babies pedititrition said the gray lines are due to the lack of cholrine or to much cholrine in the town drinking water...I dont buy it.agree with that. The baby also had thrush he was brest fed for the first 6 months...My daughter in law is also a vegitarian, and she stoped drinking milk.

Please reply

Thanks for responding.

Tooth discolouration is affecetd by fluoride levels in drinking water, not chlorine. However,I think in your case, it is the bay shots that may have had a role tp play.

Tetracycline, an antibiotic, which is contraindicated at this age, is particularly notorious for causing gray discolouration.

Did the baby or the mother recieve tetracyclin in the recent past?

The good thing is, these are his baby teeth that are affected, not the adult ones.

At the moment there is not much you can do. You could take the baby to a pediatric dentist, not a pediatrician, for a confirmation of diagnosis.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

Good Luck !!!

Regards,
Dr. Behere.

If my answer has helped you, please click on the *ACCEPT* button and give me *POSITIVE FEEDBACK*.

A * BONUS* will be highly appreciated. This tells me that my advice was indeed beneficial.

Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience: Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.