Dr.Hans
Dr.Hans, Masters of Dental Surgery
Experience:  11 years of clinical experience in diagnosing and treating problems in oral and dental health.
8847979

how much does it usually cost to have one wisdom tooth removed

how much does it usually cost to have one wisdom tooth removed? I have one with severe decay, to the point where it hurts to drink or eat anything, particularly sweet and/or cold. I have seen a dentist and will be seeing an oral surgeon in about two weeks. I was just wondering how much I can expect it to cost (ballpark)
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr.Hans replied 6 years ago.

Hello and Welcome to just answer.

I am sorry to hear about your pain and discomfort.

The cost of wisdom tooth removal depends on the difficulty of the oral surgery involved in removing the tooth.

Simple Extraction costs round about $145 with a range of $ 94 to $ 190.The fee usually includes one follow up post operative visit to check healing.

If any incision has to be made into the gums and it's required that the gums be reflected off of the tooth the cost of wisdom tooth removal increases. Surgical removal of the fully erupted tooth costs about $254 which ranges from $185 to $ 350.

I hope this helps...

If you are satisfied please don't forget to ACCEPT the answer.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to respond to this question.

I wish you a speedy recovery!!

Good Luck!

Dr. Hans

Dr.Hans, Masters of Dental Surgery
Experience: 11 years of clinical experience in diagnosing and treating problems in oral and dental health.