Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.

If a tooth cracks after a root canal without a crown, can it

If a tooth cracks after a root canal without a crown, can it be saved? what is the best thing for me to do?

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

If the fracture has occurred vertically along the long axis of the tooth, the prognosis of the tooth is very bad.

Something like hemisectioning can be attempted if you are really keen to save the tooth. What is done is exactly one half od the tooth is sliced away, and the remainder is treated like a premolar and crowned.

If the fracture is not a vertical one, then there is not much to worry about. A post will be placed in the root canals for additional reinforcement and the lost tooth structure can be built up using a core biuld up material and then crowned.

Do not delay seeing a dentist any more !

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

I wish you a speedy recovery !!!

Dr. Behere.

If my answer has helped you, please click on the *ACCEPT* button and give me *POSITIVE FEEDBACK*.

A * BONUS* will be highly appreciated. This tells me that my advice was indeed beneficial.