Dr. George McKee
Dr. George McKee, Dentist
Experience:  Licensed dentist with 30 years clinical experience in general practice and cosmetic reconstruction.
7707004

you can see through the tips of my teeth. I do eat a lot of

you can see through the tips of my teeth. I do eat a lot of acidic foods, I do have migraines throw-up due to them often- however, I wait an hour to brush my teeth and I brush them with enamel building tooth paste. Should I be worried?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. George McKee replied 6 years ago.

Dear ,

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

First of all, those enamel building toothpastes will not help you with your problem. These toothpastes don't do much if anything at all to replace enamel that has been eroded off. If your tooth edges are so thin that you can see through them then you should be very concerned as you are gradually eroding your teeth down to nothing. You need to see a dentist and discuss replacing the missing tooth structure with bonded filling material or even crowns. However, this is just a stop loss procedure of you don't curb your appetite for acidic foods and find a way to control your migraine headaches. THis is a tough situation to be in but don't rely on any over the counter products to come to your rescue. Get your dentist and physician involved in order to put a stop to this destructive process.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX DDS

Dr. George McKee, Dentist
Experience: Licensed dentist with 30 years clinical experience in general practice and cosmetic reconstruction.