Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.

can i have an adsessed tooth with the pain mainly under my nose to touch .

At first I thought it was a pimple at the side of my nose,but no visual sign of one, when i touched the side of my left nose just under my nostrial it is extremley sore...since Thursday the inside of my upper lip is swollen, it does not hurt to brush my teeth or eat or drink to hot or cold no pain, my two front teeth are capped and I am finding that they are starting to hurt, can an absess tooth start this hgh up by the nostrial area?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

Yes, you have almost diagnosed your own conditon yourself !

Infection, when present at the root tip end of a tooth, keeps spreading and takes the path of least resistance. It eventualy breaks out through the bone and causes a soft tissue swelling.

Infection from the upper front teeth, typically enters what we call the Canine Space, that is the area under the eye and next to the nostril.

I suggest you visit a dentist , get the caps removed, X rays made and the teth treated without any more delay. You will require antibiotics.

For the moment, you can keep the swelling in check by try rinsing frequently with hot salt water. Prepare this by dissolving ½-teaspoon of salt in 8 ounces of water. Do not make it too hot, or your mouth wont be able to tolerate it.The heat from this water will soften the tissue that forms the wall of the swelling, and promote the chances of drainage. IF successful, it can cause the abcess to burst, greatly relieving your discomfort.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

I wish you a speedy recovery !!!

Dr. Behere.

If my answer has helped you, please click on the *ACCEPT* button and give me *POSITIVE FEEDBACK*.

A * BONUS* will be highly appreciated. This tells me that my advice was indeed beneficial.