Dr.Hans, Masters of Dental Surgery
Experience:  11 years of clinical experience in diagnosing and treating problems in oral and dental health.

I have tooth pain in back lower right side of my mouth And ...

I have tooth pain in back lower right side of my mouth And ear ache on right side
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr.Hans replied 8 years ago.

Welcome to just answer.

I am sorry to hear about your pain and discomfort.

A very effective way to control dental pain using the Over The Counter Medications is to switch between taking 400 milligrams of Ibuprofen ( 2 tablets of Advil) and 1000 milligrams of acetaminophen (Tylenol) after every 4 hours. Read more about Tylenol here:

You can also apply 'toothache drops' available at any pharmacy nearby you.

Application of Clove Oil to the aching tooth is best to reduce pain.Clove oil contains eugenol which is very soothing to exposed tooth. Place a drop or two on cotton pellet and place it on the tooth (cavity/decay)

Ice pack can help in providing relief.

Wrap an ice pack in a towel and apply it to the outside of your mouth for 15 to 20 minutes every hour until your pain subsides, the ice will calm agitated nerve endings in your aching tooth.

Other than all this,visit your dentist as early as possible and get the tooth properly evaluated and filled by conservative means.

I hope this answers your questions. Feel free to contact me again if you have doubts and we can discuss it again.

I wish you a speedy recovery!