Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.

Dental question one of my front veneers fell out--and I

Dental question: one of my front veneers fell out--and I called to see how much it would cost to glue it back in. They said about $145, and I nearly fainted. We are in trouble financially and there's no way I can do that. I just took super-glue and re-seated the crown, and it's perfect. It is still tight and perfect after two months...but now I'm worried. Will the supr-glue degrade the little natural tooth under the veneer? Is there some danger in doing this? And if there is, HOW can I get it correctly glued at a much lower price (like $30 or so???)?

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

Im suprised that the super glue has worked for so long. you are lucky to not have the veneer fall off by now !

I understand that you are looking for an affordable to permanently glue the veneer back on. I suggest the following options to you:

1. Try to contact the local dental society in your area and see if there are any charitable organizations or foundations that will do your work for a reduced fee.

You can find the contact information of your local dental society by visiting :

2. Consider gettingit done from a dental school near you . The charges are lesser than those charged by a private practioner.

Here is a link with the list of all the dental schools in the USA:

3.You may want to look into a dental discount plan. I know this helps many people that don't qualify for health insurance, or are underinsured. This is an immediate benefits plan, so the advantage is that so you wouldn't have to wait a whole year to get the dental work you need. The name of the company is AmeriPlan and their plan is called dental plus. It's $19.95 a month and you receive up to 80% off on all dental procedures. This would cover you and your entire family too !!!

You can look at this website and see if this is something that can help you :

4. Other than these options, you can always look for an compassionate dentist in your city, who will help you by taking a smaller remuneration for his work.

And the next time you want to glue a veneer on yourself, try "Dentemp" . It is a traditional dental combination of zinc oxide and eugenol (clove oil) mixed when needed to make a temporary tooth patch for lost cavity filling, or to re-cement a cap or inlay on a tooth. It's strong enough that you'll need to have a dentist remove it later.

Have a look at these sites for more information on Dentemp:

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.
Good luck !!!

Dr. Behere.

If my answer has helped you, please click on the *ACCEPT* button and give me *POSITIVE FEEDBACK*.

A * BONUS* will be highly appreciated. This tells me that my advice was indeed beneficial.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I do accept the answer--and thanks so much--even though I wanted to hear the super glue was fine! :-) The card number the system has is very old--I need to enter a new card--but I see no way to do that!

Thanks for responding.

Since your question has been already paid for, your dollars have already been deposited with the site.

All you have to do is hit the accept button, for my remuneration to be released to me. if that doesnt work, let me know, I will contact the site moderators.

Also, please take 2 min to write me some positive feedback.

I wish you well.

Dr. Behere.