Dr.Hans, Masters of Dental Surgery
Experience:  11 years of clinical experience in diagnosing and treating problems in oral and dental health.

what can i do to stop my gums receiding

No Comment Added
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr.Hans replied 8 years ago.

Welcome to just answer.

I am sorry to here about your discomfort.

Tooth exposure or recession with Age is the most common cause of receding gums,it is also called as physiologic recession.There are also various other causes of the receded gums:

1)Improper tooth brushing.

2)Inadequate brushing/flossing.

3)Periodontal disease

It can be prevented by:

1) Regular dental visits for scaling and root planning.

2) Proper brushing technique should be used while brushing.

3) Eating a healthy diet,consume more of vitamin C,found in citrus fruits.

Read more about here in detail:

The following measures will prove fruitful for prevention of any further gum recession, but any damage that has taken place already also needs to be taken care of , so there can be two treatment options for you:

Depending on the severity of the recession and the underlying cause gingival recession can be treated.

1)You can get your teeth restored by Bonded Resin Restorations, These restorations can placed over the worn areas along the necks of the teeth, These white color filling materials will have same shade as your natural teeth and when properly adapted they appear as a part of the tooth.

2)If this does not solve your problem or the recession is severe a Periodontist can probably cover the exposed sensitive root surface areas with soft tissue grafts.
Read more about them here in detail:

I hope this answers your question.Feel free to contact me again if you have more doubts and we can discuss it again.