Dr. George McKee
Dr. George McKee, Dentist
Experience:  Licensed dentist with 30 years clinical experience in general practice and cosmetic reconstruction.

best type partial dentures

No Comment Added
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. George McKee replied 8 years ago.

Dear ,

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

There are basically two types of partial dentures; all acrylic and those with a metal framework. For strength and longevity, the metal framework type partials are the best. The metal used is a chrome-cobalt based material which allows the partial to be extremely thin but strong. Acrylic plates are thicker and give the patient the feeling that there is not as much room in their mouths for the tongue, therefore affecting the speech more.

The following link has more information about partial dentures along with some photographs:

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.