Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

can improper false dentures cause a itching problem

since nw bridge was installedf i have found to have a itching proper istere a connection
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

Although you mention the term "bridge" in your comment, Im assuming that you are refereing to conventional acryclic complete dentures.

The itching sensation may be due to an allergic reaction to the denture material, particularly the monomer.

This is very rare but it can happen. If you do indeed have an allergy, there is no way it will subside or dissapear with time. You will have to get new dentures made with different materials altogether.

But before this, get an allergist to confirm that you do indeed have denture alergy. There are ways to do this.

It is also possible, that you are allergic to the denture cleansers or adhesives.Ask your dentist about substitutes for the cleansers and adhesives you’re using. Then try out the alternative products one by one and see whether the itching subsides.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

Good Luck !!!

Regards,
Dr. Behere.

If my answer has helped you, please click on the *ACCEPT* button and give me *POSITIVE FEEDBACK*.

A * BONUS* will be highly appreciated. This tells me that my advice was indeed beneficial.